I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Chair lust

So, kind of a hobby of mine is furniture design. It took me completely by surprise, and I can tell you exactly when it started (and I will, because this is my blog and I get to do such things): In high school, I climbed with some friends into the upper level of the art museum in Richmond so we could peer over the railing into the Egypt exhibit, which we had no intention of paying to get into. The best illicit view was from the corner where the Art Nouveau furniture (incidentally, one of the finest collections in the country, go figure) was kept. And I said "MY GOD, WHAT IS THAT DESK?" editor's note: quotes may not be accurate It was love at first sight.

Thanks to the Interwebs, I can read about furniture all day long now, if I want. Lately, I've been seeing a chair all over. It's obviously not new (or at least modern, except in the mid-century sense), and I clearly have the same taste as everyone else, because it seems sometimes like everybody has this chair. Anyway, I just found out what it is: The Eames Plywood Lounge Chair.



Co-worker Austin's response: "That doesn't look comfy at all, Megan." But I bet it is. I BET IT IS.

So I had to add it to my Chair Lust List.

... What, you don't have one of those? Anyway, it's Number Two, after the Anthropologie Astrid Chair:



As soon as I win the lottery, man, chairs.

Labels:

 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?