I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Friday, April 21, 2006

civic duty



I was running late this morning, after falling out of bed at 7:30 instead of 6:45. Fed the cats, put on clothes, brushed teeth, considered hair briefly in the mirror before shrugging and heading out . . . and I was making pretty good time on the drive, all things considered, when I noticed something bad bad bad in the road ahead of me. In the lane to my left, there was a big, thick wood pallet. In my lane, there was a red plastic gas can. Both things had probably fallen off a passing truck. The work van in the lane next to me tried to drive over the pallet, but caught both sides of the thing on its wheels and sent wood flying everywhere. As I passed the gas can, I could see that it was leaking, and the smell of gas was overpowering.

Now, I'm kind of a wuss, but sometimes the right thing to do is too obvious to ignore. I called information, got the Stanton police, and told them about the mess. They said they'd check it out. Ta da! I even made it to work on time. *does a little dance*

Current Mood: totally full of myself
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?