I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Thursday, June 09, 2005

telegram from now

SAW AQUALUNG AGAIN. FAB SHOW. WAVED AT MATT HALES FROM BALCONY. HAD EXCELLENT GIN AND TONIC. RECOMMEND TROUBADOUR AS VENUE. =
      =MEG

I studied some neat telegram photos to do that, because I would offer you lot nothing but accuracy. Google-imaging (image-Googling?) "telegram" is something you ought to try. Jason G. took a bunch of photos at the show, and as soon as I can connive them out of him, I will share.

The Troubadour smells a little bit like wood, and a little bit like liquor. It is not unlike a pub in that respect. A pub with good music.

Cary Brothers (there are two of them, and they are not brothers, but one is named Cary) sang first, and I couldn't think of where I recognized him from until Matt & Co. snuck up on stage and they all played "Blue Eyes" very loudly together. And I thought "Aha!" Then Aqualung started in earnest. The songs are so much better live; this time there two whole percussionists (unless you're going to be really picky and count Matt on piano), and they added a definite energy to things. I was a little disappointed that Ben didn't play the pedal steel this time (or "the wah-wah thing," as I like to call it), but he stuck to one guitar and one bass, and mostly hid in the shadows. I did not throw my bra at him, although that was allegedly the plan (see, 'cause Matt's married and has a son, I will lust after his brother). Ben has a website with some fun mp3s of songs he wrote here.

See how I call them by their first names now? We are BFFs.
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?