I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Friday, June 03, 2005

Here, fishy fishy

Sushi for lunch, sushi for dinner. I am a sushi whore!

Anyway, here is my lunch story: Gil, Renée, and Kerry often go to Karuta, which has half-price sushi for lunch. Sometimes I go, but it’s always a little weird because they’re all friends outside of work, so they talk the whole time about people they know and things they do, and I’m pretty much left out. Anyway we usually sit at one of the tables in the back, behind a screen, right? Well the service is always a little slow back there, so today we sat at the bar. And I realized just how loud those three are. “AND THERESA SAID BRIAN WOULDN’T COME OVER BUT THEN HE TOTALLY DID AND I WAS LIKE ‘OMG WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?!’ BUT SHE DIDN’T EVEN APOLOGIZE AND IT WAS REALLY CRAPPY OF HER I THOUGHT.” And it really didn’t help that they’re all from the OC and they think they own the universe, so they were really dismissive to the wait staff. I was really embarrassed.

You know, I had a thought. I should totally go to that place alone sometime. The sushi’s really good, and cheap, and I wouldn’t have to worry about people being jerks.

 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?