I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Friday, May 27, 2005

This strip made me giggle like a little girl. Which I was, at one point in my life. *Ahem* ... anyway ...

I'm finally done with probably my hardest week at work ever. It's cool that they want to give me extra responsibilities and all, but man. I am beat. "Can you edit this article?" "Can you call these tax-prep software companies and then write about it?" "Can you build these reports?" "Can you make five new banner ads?" "Can you fix these interest rates on the website?" "Can you format this test?" "Can you design these three ads that I needed yesterday but neglected to tell you about until just now while I go pick up my dry cleaning?" "THANKS MEG YOU CAN NEVER QUIT, OKAY?"

I actually had two different people tell me I'm indispensable today. Mm, job security. I also spent most of today in meetings, which was not exciting at all, although I felt important. I am, like, a REAL PERSON, with an OFFICE and BUSINESS CARDS and crap. *gives USC the finger*

I didn't make any plans for Memorial Day, and then I felt kind of dumb. It would have been cool to go camping or something, but everyone else probably had that idea months ago and actually made plans. The outdoors is no good when its crowded. So instead I'll apparently be hanging out with my boss on her boat. We're going to sail around and barbecue! I will consider it an excursion into the lifestyle of the other half. You know, the half with money.

P.S. I went with Jason G. to see Christopher O'Riley play at UCLA Live last night, and I've gotta say, his Radiohead covers are way better than his Elliot Smith ones. But a good time was had by all. And sweet potato fries were had by me at a diner in Hollywood around midnight. I'm running on four hours of sleep, whee!

In June, we go see Aqualung again.
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?