I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Friday, March 04, 2005

What you don't know can't hurt you

Sometimes (a lot of times) I mean to write about things that I never end up writing about. It could be because I'm lazy, or because things just aren't as compelling as they seemed at first, or because my goldfish-like attention span has flitted off to some other bit of flotsam. (Shiny! Shiny!) I compose posts in my head almost every day on the way home from work, can you believe it? What half-formed thoughts would I end up shoving, drooling and shy, before the invisible Intarweb audience if I wasn't distracted by other things, like lint and comic books? Anyway here is a list of some junk that I never got around to talking about. Use your brain to stuff it in the cracks between my legitimate brain dumps, and you can fill my long blog silences, eh?
  • I tailed the same blue car down Beach Blvd. two afternoons in a row, trying to catch a glimpse of the driver, who had stared at me with beautiful mellow eyes in the rearview mirror at a stoplight once. It turned out to be a middle-aged lady.
  • The DJ on KLOS rambled for about fifteen minutes one afternoon about a long-awaited Led Zeppelin concert he'd gone to in the summer of 1978. He was thrilled because someone had just given him a bootleg recording he hadn't known existed of that very concert. "Like a window to the past," he called it. His description of being there as a teenager was so palpable that when the crowd started to cheer, and Robert Plant shouted "Hello!" I was practically there myself. Time travel.
  • One day at lunchtime I saw a girl done up in full goth regalia, with a pirate hat, riding down the sunny street on a black bicycle with a tattered pirate flag flying behind.
  • Speaking of pirates, there was a wild-west dinner theater thing (one of those cheesy theme restaurants you find in touristy areas like Anaheim) that closed near work recently. It reopened as a pirate dinner theater. The giant cowboy still adorns the front of the building, but now he holds a pirate flag. He could use an eyepatch.
  • Here is a secret: If you want to avoid getting a parking ticket on street-cleaning day, park in front of the garages by my building. I stuck my car there last night after driving hopelessly around the block three times, figuring I might as well have a good spot if I was going to be ticketed anyway. This morning? No ticket! Rock on.
I can totally see now why I don't end up posting this crap. Man, I love stories with no point.
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?