I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

What do you suppose the chances are that I could get people to call me "Little Lady Fauntleroy"? Anyone? Not very good, probably.

Did you see that Kelly Vivanco commented on my last post? Now I am like a rock star. I told her she was a Webcomics rock star when I met her, but she pshaw-ed me. It's true, though. I've been calling lots of people rock stars lately, although nobody seems to believe me. I told Magic Boy he was a rock star, but he said he was more like a well-respected indie band. Which is true enough, I suppose. He was on the cover of a magazine, though, that's got to count for something.

See, now you're all "Who the heck is she talking about? Enough with the code names!" But what if the Russians are reading my blog, and they want me to spy for them, and their plan is to kidnap all my friends and hold them for ransom? You don't want to be kidnapped by Yevgeny and Boris, do you? I call Sara herself, though. I don't mind if the Russians get her.

Anyway, Magic Boy is the guy I'm dating. He was perusing my blog the other day and asked why I never mentioned him, and I explained that I never talk about people I'm dating because, well, I'm not into soap operas and you're probably not either, and I don't want to inflict my private life on everyone like I do to poor Sara (who is probably already in a closet in Moscow somewhere, sorry Sara).

"Sara, I met this guy! He's great!" (two days later) "Sara, that guy was a jerk! But I met somebody else!" (and so on) To soothe M.B.'s ego, though, here is his and my whole sordid story:

I dated Magic Boy for a while and then totally left his ass for somebody else, kind of on the theory that I wasn't getting any long-term vibes from him, so somebody else might be better? But somebody else turned out to be a jerk (where do I find these people?). M.B. remained in the background the whole time, however. Did he know I'd regret my decision? Maybe he's psychic. That might help with the magic business. Anyway we're giving it another shot. He's not like anyone I've ever dated before, with the possible exception of a certain Dutch fella some of you will remember that I was in love with. I'm not in love with Magic Boy, but he's fun, and he drives a sexy, sexy Honda hybrid. And that's all I have to say about that.

 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?