I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Adventures in Adulthood

So I came home from work two days ago, and my apartment smelled funny. Not cat-sand funny, but wet funny.

"This can't be good," I thought.

Leaky fridge? Nope. Leaky sink? Nuh-uh. Has someone been taking a shower while I was at work? Well ... my tub was full of bathwater, and it was Not Mine. It had come up out of the drain, and was making no attempt to leave.

I resigned myself to filth for another day, and left a message with my building manager. Did I get a call back the next day? No, and I was too busy to call myself. By last night, I was extra filthy, and pissed. The water eventually drained, but kept gurgling up periodically yesterday and last night. So today I call to bitch at my manager. "Oh," said the girl on the phone. "We put a work order in for that, I think I remember." Thanks for letting me know, dear. "Are you at home now?" Well no, since I'd gotten no response. "You may need to be there to let the plumber in." I would be happy to, if you'll just keep me informed. Jeez.
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?