I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Adulthood: Epilogue

My neighbor, the one who wasn't home? He was totally home, and not answering the door. I didn't see him until 5, when I finally called the plumbers back, and now, two hours later, problem solved. Apparently neighbor-guy's been here for years, and there was an impenetrable wall of ICK in his drain (this was told to me by the plumber, and even he looked grossed out). To make matters more fun, some time ago neighbor-guy put Drano or something in there ("never do that," said the plumber) and it'd been slowly destroying the pipe ever since. But everything's fine now.

Well, except the washing machine. I went to do some laundry, then discovered that the machine's broken, after I'd put my sheets, detergent, and a dollar in. I asked the prodigal neighbor if he knew about it. "Oh yeah," he said. "Rachel told me yesterday." It's been broken since yesterday, and nobody called the manager or put a sign up? For crying out loud. I put a sign up, and called the manager. "Oh," said the girl (I'm pretty sure I talked to her earlier today) "Is there a number to call on the washer?" Well, no. Otherwise I would've called it. "I'll have to ask the owner." So let me get this straight: you bought the building, and never gave any thought to what to do when things break? RAAAAAAAARGH! Somebody better fix that washer by Friday, or I'm getting evil.

I'm in a fine mood, really.
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?