I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

The office manager came to see me today. She closed my door, looked at me, and asked, "How do you like your job?" And I thought "Holy shit, I'm getting fired!" I told her I loved it, fighting panic, and she nodded and said "Well everyone here loves you. I've heard only good things from everybody, and I wanted to tell you you'll see an increase of a little over a dollar an hour on your next paycheck." A raise! I got a raise! "A little over a dollar an hour" may not sound like much, but I did the math: I'm now making $30k a year! Yes folks, that's THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. Yaaaaaay me!

Current Music: Elvis (Costello, that is)

Current Mood: buoyant
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?