I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Just after I've had coffee in the mornings, I get very chatty, in my brain. Here, I will relay some of that chatter to you. This paragraph, it needs more commas, I think.

One of the most satisfying things about my job is when I point some grammatical faux pas out to someone, and he or she says "Oh you're right, that makes a difference, doesn't it?" Maybe I just like to be right? Actually I think it has something to do with my being an approval whore. Sometimes I feel like I spent large parts of my childhood trying to get my dad to compliment me on something I'd done, hoarding the rare, rare successful occasions like ... something precious. (I've been having simile issues lately, forgive me.) So there's Megan's Personal Revelation of the Day. I'll really try to keep that kind of crap to a minimum, hey?

Here at El Workplace, we were starting to think that Gil, the ad guy, had died. He mentioned something about his stomach feeling rotten, and he's been missing for 45 minutes. The bathroom next to his office has been closed, however, and the fan is on inside. Finally we called his cell, and discovered that he's not even in the building. What's going on in the bathroom? It is a mystery for the ages.

I've found a new comic to share. It is called "A Lesson is Learned, But the Damage is Irreversible," and you can read it here. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom to read the rambly, metaphysical newsposts. If you're into that sort of rhetorical wandering, you should see my-friend-Jason's-friend-Dave-who-I-met-once's blog. Dave once made a daring escape from indentured servitude in Korea.

Do other people have blogs? I know Jason does. If people give me links, I will add a blog section to the link bar on the left. That would be spiffy.
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?