I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Sunday, September 05, 2004

I just wrote a really good post, and then Blogger ate it. Why, Blogger, why?! *heavy sigh* I'll try to redo it, but I'm not promising quality:

It's 101 degrees outside. Holy Moly! I wondered why my apartment felt like an oven. Poor Trigger is passed out on the floor. I think an iced coffee would solve this problem. Of course, for that I'd have to get up, and it's really too hot for crazy things like movement. Ugh.

Yesterday I drove down to Lori's and we went kayaking on Newport Harbor. It was beautiful, but surreal — gliding silently through forests of boats, surrounded by seabirds. We saw some really pretty houses, but I'm not sure living in that area's really worth it. The houses are crammed together like conservatives at a Bush fund-raiser, and Lori said they start at about $4 million. We passed some tiny beaches hemmed in by mansions, and I thought of all the motor oil and gas that must be in the water as I watched children splashing around. Also we saw some dolphins, which was cool. They'd surface periodically with a soft breathing sound, and then disappear for several minutes. I think they must have been hunting, because we saw some fish leap out of the water too.

God, it's hot.

swelter swelter
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?