I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Got my car smog-checked today. I passed! I was expecting to. The mechanic said I was high on some rating or other, though, and that next time I might not pass. Anyway, I can register my car now. Oh, yeah. This interests you, I know. Keep reading, it gets better.

In the late afternoon, I made a snap decision (snap!) to go see "Hero," that new Jet Li movie. It was very pretty. I liked it better than "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," which is the last fancy Chinese movie I saw. During one of the fights, in a forest filled with yellow leaves, I thought "this movie looks so good, I'd like to put it in my mouth." Eh? I dunno, it looked delicious. Nice colors, and shapes. Then I thought about the Foo Fighters. My brain is too antic to focus on one thing ever, so sometimes when I watch movies, I have something completely different going on in the back of my mind, even though I'm paying attention. Do you believe that? It sounds better than "I have the attention span of a gnat."

I also got some sharp provolone cheese at the deli, for sammiches. In Amsterdam one time I got some old provolone, and was grossed out. Here in America we don't know what old cheese is, really, so this "aged" provolone is a little more edible to my savage palate. Also the little old lady behind the counter called me "sweetie," which is always nice.

People were good to me today. I'm not sure why. I've started noticing this problem where salespeople and cashiers like to ignore me, which pisses me off, but today was special. Even strangers smiled at me. I read my horoscope while waiting at Starbucks. It said, "Everyone likes you today." Which makes sense, I guess.

Current Music: the crickets, they serenade me

Current Mood: sleepy
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?