I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Confessions of a Clothes Whore
When I was a wee thing, I had lots of little dresses. I vaguely remember liking to stand at my closet and admire them. After my parents got divorced, Mommy didn't really have the time or money to outfit me as before, so for years I wore whatever I wanted (bad idea! bad! I have pictures ...). It was the 80's and early 90's, which is kind of an excuse, but still, yuck. Late in high school I decided that looking good was something that could apply to even me, and I started paying more attention to the stuff I put on myself so as not to be naked. Then, sophomore year in college, there came another epiphany. "Hot damn! Stores that don't end in "-Mart" sell things I'd actually want to wear!"

So, what can I say? I have good taste. And now, thanks to my new job, I also have a lot of nice pants. And a skirt. And a little sweater set. And some short-sleeve oxfords. Some day I'm going to find this J. Crew person, and I'm gonna marry him. In the Banana Republic. *giggle*

Current Music: The Shins, Saint Simon

Current Mood: worky worky ... or writey in bloggy, take your pick
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?