I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Well, today was something. I had my interview with E! (freelance? oh, it's kind of a temp position that just doesn't go away. and no benefits.) and was so wound up it hurt. I guess it went well, I couldn't really tell. I talked to the HR lady (she liked me), who then passed me off to the media center supervisor (he seemed vaguely amused but unsure of me), who said I'd have to wait for a call from the other supervisor. If I get that far. I don't know if I will. Once all the dust had settled (with the crying, and the self-recriminations, and the nap followed by phone call with my mom) I realized that I don't really want that job. All I can see is a slick gray hell of junior power-broker hipster wannabes with God complexes and Gucci sandals. Yeah. I wanted a nice quiet library job, and what they're offering is another stint at Blockbuster video purgatory of the damned. I need to call BRP and demand that they hire me. I'll do that tomorrow morning. My only regret is that I won't be able to afford that cute apartment in Koreatown, the one at the Versailles. I mean, maybe I could, but I would have just barely enough left over to live on. And I'd have to commute to Marina del Rey all the time. Blah, commute. I am spoiled. To think I had an hour bus ride to and from school every day just a few years ago, *pfft*.

Oh and let's not forget the PARKING TYRANT! When I went to my car at the E! parking deck, there was a very angry little man waiting for me. "You blocked that other car when you parked," he said. I looked around, confused, to see that not only had my car been moved, but it was now blocked in by cars on all sides. I'd never seen anything like that, but Lori says it's common here, where there just isn't enough parking. The rows of cars had 4 cars in each. Apparently you're supposed to leave your keys with the office when you go so they can let people in and out. Well, I couldn't convince this guy that I'd never seen such an arrangement, and I certainly hadn't meant to block anybody's car. He went on, and on, and on, lecturing me about how inconsiderate it was, and what a problem it had caused everybody, etc. No amount of apologizing on my part satisfied him -- it's almost like he wanted to make me cry or something. "Now how are you going to get out? We don't have the key to that car behind you." he finally asked, smugly. By that point I'd had enough of being berated, so I just fixed him with my Steely Gaze of Doom and said "You moved my car with no key, so move that car. I have places to be." And he huffed and puffed, but stormed off and eventually somebody came and moved the car behind me. My diagnosis is but two words: SMALL PENIS. Yeah, you hear me, nasty little parking man?! You heard what I said! Go pick on somebody else!

I still need a hug
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?