I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Saturday, May 15, 2004

I had to get a new QuarkXPress book this morning because the one I had might as well have been written in Korean (I'm not an advanced user ... yet). They ought to specify the user level more clearly on these things! Oh well. But this new book is great, albeit 900 pages long. Here is a quote from the preface:

Requirements
  To take advantage of all these great new features in QuarkXPress, you need, at a minimum, a dual-processor G5 or a 9 Ghz Pentium VI computer with 4 GB of RAM, a 120-gigabyte hard drive, a 600 MB magneto-optical drive, a 32-bit color drum scanner, a high-res imagesetter with a PostScript 3 RIP, a 1200-by-600-dpi laser printer, a 23-inch Barco color monitor with 24-bit video and graphics accelerator cards, and, of course, an NTSC video capture board and genlock control panel.
  Just kidding! You can actually get by with some pretty limited hardware.

My heart stopped about halfway through the second line there. Bastard =P Anyway, it's amusing, for a computer book.

I also went to look at another apartment in K-town today, only to discover that it was not much bigger than my current bathroom. Like a closet you put a bed in. Noooo, thanks.

Okay, back to work.
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?