I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Well, today was my 22nd birthday. I got flowers from my mom and Lori's mom, which was very sweet. Although, Lori's mom also gave me a $100 bill, which I haven't the faintest idea how to thank her for. "Thank you" would work, I guess. It's just ... wow. My parents gave me that much. Um, yeah. Anyway I lounged around and finished reading my book, Magician's Ward by Patricia Wrede (I started reading it when I was 10 and just got around to finishing it -- I like to take my time with these things), and then Lori's mom, who was visiting for Lori's gallery opening yesterday and softball game today, came by to take us to the beach. We rode the roller coaster (the "West Coaster," ha ha) at the Santa Monica Pier and then drove out to Melrose and went to what we thought was an Italian restaurant. It had a red, white and green awning, and it was called "Antonio's." Sounds Italiany, yes? But the flag colors and name are shared by both Italians and Mexicans, so we had really good Mexican food instead. Mole! I can't believe chile-infused chocolate sauce tastes so good. It's just wrong. And then we wandered over a few blocks to the tiny park where Lori's church softball team was playing the team from the natural history museum. It was soooo nice there. The sun was setting, so the heat slacked off a bit (above 100 today) and there was a breeze, and soccer children and their moms everywhere. Lori got a run at the very end of the game, so that was exciting. And now I'm home. Ta da!

it's pronounced MO-lay
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?