I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Thursday, April 01, 2004

I went and saw "Dogville" today, partly because I was in Pasadena and it happened to be playing and partly because of the subway in Paris. When I was there last spring it was full of posters for the movie, endless Nicole Kidmans staring blankly at me as I hurried past to wherever. The movie was like a profoundly disturbing dream, one that wakes you suddenly in the middle of the night, mouth dry, heart racing. I can't describe it, really. It was incredible, and I never want to see anything like it ever again. And then I was on the 110 heading back to LA and I had a panic attack, which is not the best thing to experience while driving 70 mph down a twisty, narrow-laned road at night. All at once I understood what claustrophobes must feel like -- it took all of my concentration not to cover my eyes and start screaming, because the entire world was folding in on me.

Also it rained a lot, briefly.

and that was my day
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?