I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Today I discovered that all I really need to be happy is a vast, parklike estate with three galleries and a library. I'm easy to please, really. The only bump in my day, which I spent at the Huntington in Pasadena, was in the desert garden, where I learned an important lesson: if it falls off of a cactus, and looks fuzzy, FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T PICK IT UP. There are no fuzzy cacti, I found; they're just covered in miniscule barbs that burrow into your skin and then break off. It was really pitiful -- I felt like a curious dog that had met its first porcupine. OUCH.

In other news, I'm looking for rhubarb for a recipe, but haven't found it yet. It always makes me think of the time I watched my dad make a rhubarb pie and he explained to me, in great detail, how rhubarb leaves are poisonous and what will happen if you eat them. I like my vegetables deadly, yes sir.

p.s. it involves all your vascular cells breaking down at once and you bleeding to death internally, apparently

dad's a weird one
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?