I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Okay, kids! It's time for a history lesson! And/or some sniveling, self-obsessed navel-gazing. I was going to post a "me at 16/me now" photo comparison for Tim, but I don't have access to a digital camera, and I don't know when I will. Oh well. At any rate, when I picked this photo out the other night, it got me thinking (that's all I do these days, you know: read comics, listen to weird electronic music, and think). History does repeat itself, and I'll tell you how. First, the picture:

    Tracy Hamm and me, sometime in the second half of sophomore year, 1998                         


Tracy was the first friend I ever made in high school. We were tight. She and I, and her/our friends Ryan and Luke, hung out together all the time. We called ourselves the Posse (yeah okay, it's retarded, whatever). Anyway my high school was really small, so I knew everyone else who went there, but Tracy, Ryan and Luke were the only friends I had there who meant anything to me -- for THREE YEARS. Looking back, I probably should've expanded my social circle a little, but I'm not psychic. Tracy started dating Ryan at some point, to the exclusion of all other interests, and I was a little miffed, but she was my friend, so I stuck around. Then, senior year, I hit my first big iceberg of depression (oh! the metaphors! my brain hurts!) and stopped talking to people. All people. It's what I do best, really. When I finally opened up some to Tracy, we had a stupid little fight and have NEVER SPOKEN SINCE.

Four years later, my academic career is kaput, and I haven't spoken to what I thought was my best friend in weeks. I don't want to, really. That's how the story goes.

QED
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?