I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Monday, March 08, 2004

I've been thinking today about one of my favorite parables. It has to do with monkeys. See, there were these monkeys, and they hated the rain. Whenever it rained, they would sit in the trees, wet and grouchy, and talk about what they ought to do. "Let's build a hut," said one, "a hut we can sit in when it rains. Then we'll be dry." The other monkeys thought this was a fantastic idea, and they got right to work on planning a hut. Just then, though, the sun came out and the rain stopped, and all the monkeys ran off to enjoy the good weather while it lasted. Come next storm, they sat in the trees again, and complained. "We should really get to work on that hut." "Yeah, we should." But the sun kept coming out, and the hut kept not getting built, and the monkeys stayed wet in the rain forever and ever. That's why monkeys don't rule the world. Well, not really, but you get the point.

I'm a monkey.

I fell asleep last night wishing I were dead, as I have most nights for the past two months. But, you know, if wishes were fishes, blah blah blah. (Interesting side note: I keep thinking it would be funny if I just dropped dead one day from wishing so hard, but if that were the case I'd have been able to fly for years already.) Anyway, I keep telling myself I'll call somebody. "Tomorrow," I think. "I'll do it tomorrow." And this morning I woke up, and the sun was shining, and it was warm, and I thought "Hey! I don't hate everything as much as I did last night! I'm cured!" Mm hmm.

ook ook ee EE EE
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?