I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Sunday, March 07, 2004

It figures that the day of the LA marathon, we'd have the hottest weather since October. Winter (what there is of it here) sublimated directly into high summer, and the traffic went nuts. I did my part for global warming by cruising down most of Santa Monica Boulevard, soaking in the heat and sights. SMB's amazing, really. If you follow any road in this city long enough, you'll see the ebb and flow of neighborhoods, but within the space of a few miles I toured Beverly Hills (pretty houses), West Hollywood (pretty men, in pairs), North Hollywood (Russians), and several other areas I'd never seen before, including little Armenia, which I thought was in Burbank. Maybe there's Armenian overflow.

I just walked to campus to scan a photo (you'll see why soon). I thought about riding my bike, but the day was so nice I thought I'd take my time, and anyway, it's still 800 degrees outside. I had to change clothes after getting back from my drive, because my shirt was literally soaked with sweat. I'd use the air conditioning, but not while gas is still $1.80 a gallon.

Current Music: Arovane, Atol Scrap

Current Mood: I am an island. I touch no one, and no one touches me.
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?