I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Monday, February 16, 2004

Today I:
1) lay in bed until I could think of a good reason to get up (I had to pee at about 2 p.m.)
2) researched copy-editing jobs that don't require a college degree
3) ate so much Thai food that I still hurt
4) pointedly did not ask Lori how her day was when she came home from having fun in San Diego

And now, some reading material.

From "How to Forget Life Sucks," by Jason Farnon:

Sleep

Seems pretty obvious, right? You'd be amazed how many people overlook this. Here is a secret tip for you: did you know that you don't have to be tired or drowsy to sleep? I bet you didn't. Don't stay up thinking something cool is going to happen. Don't go hang out with people who suck as much as you. You know nothing cool will happen. It never does. But you waste your time like a moron going "out" and coming back with no satisfaction whatsoever. Why not just stay home and sleep? Your bed is warm, and nobody can bother you. You can't be frustrated with trying to do anything cool, because you never attempted anything to begin with.

Sleep eighteen hours a day if you can get away with it. Sleep any place where you know you will not get sodomized. You know you don't have to be social if your eyes are closed. I have learned that if people think you're sleeping, they won't try to talk to you. You know how much you hate that interaction thing. Plus, when you sleep, you'll feel better. For all the hours you've wasted doing nothing, you could do something that makes you happy. Just accept that you will die a worthless piece of shit having contributed nothing worthwhile to this hypocritical shithole society. It makes doing nothing so much easier. They don't deserve your brilliance anyway.

Current Music: Elbow, Snooks (Progress Report)

Current Mood: ... yeah.
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?