I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Thursday, February 26, 2004

meditations on a day less crappy:

There was a girl at Starbucks, and the barista apologized to her for having too much foam on the coffee to fit a lid on the cup. Without missing a beat, the girl smiled, picked up the cup, sipped the extra foam off the top, and handed the cup back to the barista for a lid. Poise, baby.

I like the heft of a $10 roll of quarters. I will like having clean things to wear, sleep on, and dry myself with better.

A grande chai latte fits perfectly in my bike's watter-bottle holder.

Sometimes I like to peg people for fashion reference: chunky cream-colored turtleneck sweater, brown tweed blazer, dark boot-cut jeans, and red oxfords. Mental note: acquire brown tweed blazer.

Current Music: Johnny Western, The Ballad of Paladin

Current Mood: ... less ... crappy ...

p.s. I bought my mom a shirt at an airport gift shop last weekend. It's purple, and it has a fancy red hat on it. Her favorite poem starts "When I am old, I shall wear purple, and a red hat that doesn't go." I revel in my thoughtfulness.
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?