I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

So I read in the news today about how Donald Rumsfeld won an award from the Plain English Campaign for a remark he made last February, something about "unknown unknowns." I have not been party to many of Mr. Rumsfeld's speeches, but I guess he talks kind of strangely. According to a BBC report, a book has been published interpreting some of his comments as existentialist poetry. Hee hee.

In other news, Penny Arcade's "Child's Play" thingy seems to be going really well. I'm poor, so I can really appreciate that at least two PS2s (at $180 a pop) have been bought already. "Child's Play" is sort of a fundraiser to give toys to really sick kids at a hospital somewhere up there in the left part of the country. Go PA! I think maybe I'll buy a black ballet barbie doll to send (it's on the kids' wish list). That'll be my good deed this X-Mas.

"I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think ... and I assume it's what I said." -- Donald Rumsfeld

Current Music: something classical

Current Mood: chai-tastic
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?