I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Monday, December 15, 2003

I just had this really weird diaphragm spasm that woke me right up. Nothing like unexpected, searing pain to shake off the drowsies. At any rate, here is a middle-of-the-night post. It's better than no post at all.

This evening I went with Lori to church. I'm not religious at all, but her church was doing a Christmas concert thingy and I like Christmas concert thingies, so I went. It was far nicer than I'd even suspected. I felt as though I spent two hours soaking, and some of the bitterness soaked right out of me. Like being blanched, I told Lori (see that post with the exploding pumpkin seeds). Her church is this enormous, fancy affair at the top of a cliff on Mulholland Drive. It was incredibly foggy when we arrived, so there was no view at all. When we left, though, I turned to see the giant window behind us, and was mesmerized. Lori had to come grab me and drag me outside, where there was an even better view. It was the whole city, laid out across the horizon like some shimmering dream. I wanted to stay, but Lori was cold. It was cold. And windy.

But nice.
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?