I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Monday, November 24, 2003

So I went to this concert on Saturday, and I was meaning to say something about it but I'm lazy. One of the local public radio stations put it on as a fundraiser, and a bunch of artists played. I just went because I wanted to see Beck and Gary Jules, but Liz Phair was there, and Jurassic 5 and Damien Rice and Jem and the Polyphonic Spree. I'd have to say Beck and Jurassic 5 were my favorite, tho' it was cool to see Gary Jules perform his one (1) big hit song (from the Donnie Darko soundtrack, you know, that one). I got a neat Beck shirt with a storm trooper face on it. A guy at Starbucks asked me if it was something Japanese. I said "Uh, no, it's a storm trooper. From Star Wars?" The Polyphonic Spree played last, and let me tell you, they are TERRIFYING. All 25 of them. They're all really young, except for the main singer, who's like 40. And they wear gospel robes. Also, they gyrate. "Hey, it's the sun! And it makes me shine!" They appeared to be having a great time, but I was scared.

Current Music: Yann Tiersen

Current Mood: caffeinated
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?