I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Meggish midnight adventures, continued:
So at about 3:30, I was hungry. All there was to eat, though, was a packet of pumpkin seeds I'd been keeping as kind of a museum relic -- they were the saltiest things on earth. They were saltier than salt. I swear. Anyway, they were mostly inedible. But then, I thought "Hey! I just learned about blanching, I bet that'd fix them!" So I went to the kitchen and boiled them until the salt was gone. Then they were slimy, so I put them in a pan and stuck them in the oven on "broil" to dry out. Ten minutes later, I started to hear a weird popping noise, and had visions of the kitchen exploding, so I went in to check on things. The living room and kitchen were full of smoke. The pumpkin seeds had started to explode. Disaster! Fearing the racket of the smoke alarm, I grabbed my fan and started running around the apartment with it, and I opened the windows and the front door. That didn't help a whole lot, so I sprayed a bunch of air freshener around. Now the apartment smells like "summer rain," or the perfume counter at Macy's, I'm not sure. I had to throw out my pumpkin seeds. I'm still hungry. Maybe I should sleep.

Current Music: what? who?

Current Mood: zzz
 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?