I wasn't there, I know nothing.

Meg Lasswell writes about comics sometimes. She'll also be your friend, if you bring her coffee.











 

Reading makes your brain go "ping"



People I know say the darndest things

Other people are okay too, I guess






















 
Archives
<< current














Dude, not my fault
 

Saturday, November 08, 2003

Lori and I don't watch the TV news. I've been taught, in the secret cabal of the print journalism department, to look down on the news barbies and their cohorts. Especially the local ones. Local "news," eew. At the paper where I worked this summer, we had to call and fuss at a local station for reading one of our stories on the air without crediting us. Radio stations have been known to do that too, so I hear. At any rate, my loyalties lie with the printed page. We may suffer the slings and arrows of convergence, but we don't compete with Jay Leno for Nielsen ratings. Lori doesn't watch the news because she says it's all bad. I'm not sure I'd choose ignorance over depression. Maybe she should watch the TV news, at least they've got kittens being rescued from trees and whatnot. That would make anybody happy, except maybe somebody who hates kittens.

So what do we watch instead of TV news? Animal Planet. There's never anything bad on. I also watch the Food Network, but when I see too much of that, I start baking things and forcing Lori to eat them. Also I talk like that guy on Iron Chef. Oh, and then there's Cartoon Network. We needs our daily dose of Adult Swim, precious. It makes us happy, yesss. Not like hobbits. We hates nasty theiving hobbits, yes we does.

Oh, Lori is my roommate. Don't be getting any weird ideas, just because we're co-dependent.

Current Music: Matrix Revolutions soundtrack

Current Mood: I hate laundry, I love my PS2.

 
 
This blog is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?